Muslim Town Lahore
Muslim Town Lahore was developed by Dr. Syed Hussain in 1915 to counter the Hindu majority in this area. It was first named Islamabad but afterward, its name was changed to Muslim Town on the suggestions of Allama Iqbal. But now, it is known as Old Muslim Town.
Situated at the bank of Lahore Canal, Muslim Town is among the most densely populated areas of Lahore. Being in the centre of the city, it is surrounded by 4 main roads of Lahore namely Service Road at east, Hussain Street at west, Canal Road at north and Wahdat Road at south. This extensive network of roads provides easy access to other parts of the city.
Some of the reasons why this vicinity is famous are as follows
- Muslim Town Lahore is one of the oldest towns of Lahore.
- Well-developed residential area.
- Adjacent to Canal Road, Wahdat Road, Service Road and Hussain Street.
- Provides a lively and traditional lifestyle.
- Properties are available at a reasonable price.
- Offers higher profits to investors.
- Nearby shopping malls namely Wali Plaza, Makkah centre, Icchra Shopping Centre, IT Tower shopping mall, Galaxy Shopping Centre and Dubai Shopping mall.
- Restaurants and Bakeries, in particular, Rab Rakkha Tikka Shop and Butt Sweets, Luxury Café & Restaurant, Handi Restaurant, Karachi Nihari & BBQ, Good Luck Bakers & Sweets and Rafiq Confectioner House & Bakers.
- Markets in this vicinity are Bukhari Market, Ayubia Market, Butt Market, Shah Kamal Colony Main Market, Icchra Bazaar and Wahdat Colony Main Market.
- Parks nearby this area include Canal South Park, Rise Park, Saint Mary’s Park, Kalma Chowk Park and Alif Laila Park.
- Close to famous fitness centres particularly Aimfit Fitness Studio, ABS Wellness Club, Fitness Hub and Shapes Health Studio.
- Few of the salons & spas near this town are Zaree’s The Hair Stylist and Beauty Salon, Splendour Beauty Salon, Dawn Beauty Salon and Moda Italia Beauty Salon.
- Speedo bus stops in Muslim Town Lahore include Punjab College Bus Stand, Canal North metro bus station, Naqsha Bus Stop, Aabpara Bus Stop and Shama Metro bus station.
- Renowned educational institutes are The City School, Kings & Queens College, Punjab College of Commerce, Lahore Institute of animation and design, Superior College, Aspire College Gulberg campus, Preston University, National College of Business Administration and Economics and University of the Punjab Quaid-e-Azam Campus.
- Nearby banks are Soneri bank, MCB, Summit bank, National Bank of Pakistan and Bank Alfalah.
- Well-equipped hospitals and clinics, in particular, Wahdat Clinic, Wafi medical clinic, Canal view diagnostic centre, Zaman Chest Clinic and Hassnain Medical Centre.
Muslim Town Blocks
Muslim Town Lahore is among well-developed areas of Lahore, offering a lively and traditional lifestyle to its residents. Its unique location allows residents to easily access different parts of the city. The town is divided into 2 blocks.
Block A is situated between Khayaban-e-Jamia-Punjab Road, Wahdat Road and Canal Road. Residents have access to essentials and luxuries with ease through the block’s main market, the Ayubia Market. Several famous institutes are also located nearby this block that are as follows
- University of the Punjab
- University of Health Sciences
- University of Management and Technology UMT
- Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan Medical and Dental College
- Doctors Institute of Medical Sciences
This well-developed block is situated in between Noon Avenue Road, Wahdat Road and Canal Road. Residents have access to Ayubia Market A block and Wahdat Colony’s Mini Market. The block is also adjacent to other well-developed residential areas of Lahore such as New Garden Town, Rehmanpura Colony, and Wahdat Colony.
Ways to Commute
Residential areas where services such as public transport, restaurants, and markets are readily available provide a comfortable lifestyle, which is why Muslim Town Lahore is one of the best localities to reside in.
Several bus stops nearby this vicinity are
- Punjab College Bus Stand
- Canal North metro bus station
- Naqsha Bus Stop
- Aabpara Bus Stop
- Shama Metro bus station
- Lahore Railway Cant Station is just 17 minutes drive away from Muslim Town.
Markets in Muslim Town Lahore
There are several markets available in this area. Some of the famous markets in the locality are as follows
- Bukhari Market on Link Wahdat Road
- Ayubia Market and Butt Market at Block A New Muslim Town
- Shah Kamal Colony Main Market
- Icchra Bazaar on Zaildar Road
- Wahdat’s Colony Main Market
Malls in New Muslim Town Lahore
Few of the well-known malls nearby this area are
- Wali Plaza and Makkah center at Sabzazar Rehmanpura Colony
- Icchra Shopping Centre on Ferozpur Road
- IT Tower shopping mall at Gulberg Phase III
- Galaxy Shopping Centre on Service Road
- Dubai Shopping Mall in Icchra
Educational Institutes in Muslim Town Lahore
A few of the renowned educational institutes include
- The City School
- Kings & Queens College
- Punjab College Lahore Muslim Town Campus
- Lahore Institute of animation and design
- Superior college at Kalma Chowk
- Aspire College Gulberg campus
- Preston University
- National College of Business Administration and Economics
- University of the Punjab Quaid-e-Azam Campus
Mosques in Muslim Town Lahore
Some of the mosques are
- Masjid-e-Mumhammadia and Jamia Masjid Mian Saeed in Rehmanpura
- Bilal Mosque in Block B New Muslim Town
- PCSIR in Gulberg Phase 3
- Jamia Masjid Al Hussain-o-Imambargah in Icchra.
Hospitals and Clinics in Muslim Town Lahore
Several well-equipped hospitals nearby are
- Wahdat Clinic on Wahdat Road
- Wafi medical clinic on Hussain Street
- Canal view diagnostic centre
- Zaman Chest Clinic
- Hassnain Medical Centre
Banks near Muslim Town
Some of the banks include
- Soneri bank
- MCB and Summit bank on Wahdat Road
- National Bank of Pakistan at Icchra
- Bank Alfalah at Rehmanpura Colony
Looking at Muslim Town Lahore Map, the society is located in the heart of Lahore. Surrounded by well-developed areas, the locality’s property values have appreciated at staggering rates. This makes it one of the best investment opportunities with lucrative returns. The options are
- 3 marla house for sale in Muslim Town Lahore
- 5 marla house for sale in Muslim Town Lahore
- Single Storey 3 and 5 marla house for sale
- Double Storey 3 and 5 marla house for sale
House for Sale in Muslim Town Lahore
This housing scheme comes with fully-furnished and well-developed houses. You can find a significant number of houses that are on sale with ease. The price of 3 and 5 Marla houses anywhere in this society range from Rs 95 lacs to Rs 8.5 crores.
House for Rent in Muslim Town Lahore
If you are looking for a temporary stay, then Muslim Town Lahore is one of the best places for you to reside in. The society offers many rental houses that are fully equipped with essential amenities. The rent for 3 and 5 marla houses ranges from Rs 42 thousand to 57 thousand.