The government of Pakistan has launched several initiatives over the years to facilitate federal government employees. One such perquisite is the Federal Government Employees Housing Authority (FGEHA). The authority is responsible for introducing new housing schemes in the capital and allocating a quota for government employees.
However, accessing the FGEHA list can be a hassle if you’re not familiar with the procedure. To ease the process, Graana.com features a guide on how to check the Federal Government Employees Housing Authority list.
A little about the FGEHA
The Federal Government Employees Housing Authority was established in 2019 under the ordinance of the President of Pakistan.
The objective behind creating this body was to ensure a safe and secure shelter for the lower-income groups in the capital that are currently residing in impoverished settlements or ‘katchi abadis’.
The FGEHA aims to deliver new housing units to federal employees at low and affordable costs, ensuring every employee becomes a homeowner.
Currently, the authority is planning on pushing almost five million low-cost units into the market, with federal employees being at the utmost priority for the allocation of these houses.
The government hopes that this initiative will be able to tackle the status quo in the country’s real estate market which completely excludes middle- and low-income groups while extracting immense profits from the ones that can afford it. By pushing more units into the market, the demand for housing will decrease, allowing the skyrocketing prices to descend.
How to Check the Federal Government Employees Housing Authority List
The process for checking the FGEHA list is quite simple. Follow the instructions given below to access the list.
- Head over to the Federal Government Employees Housing Authority’s official website.
- At the top side of the webpage, you will find several drop-down menus. Select the ‘membership drive’ drop-down menu.
- The drop-down list will offer various options for different memberships. Click on your allocated membership program.
- The next webpage will have the message ‘click here to login. Click on this message and this will take you to the login page.
- Once you reach the login page, add your credentials to the specified fields. Enter your CNIC number (without dashes) and your password.
- After logging in, the details of your membership will be available on your screen.
- If you encounter any issue while logging in or if there is no information regarding your membership, you can file a complaint at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to have the issue resolved.
- For any other issue or query regarding your membership in the program, you can visit the FGEHA office in G-10/4, Islamabad.
Pakistan’s government is known for its generous well-fare programs for its employees. The Federal Government Employees Housing Authority is one of such programs, making way for lower and middle-income employees to become homeowners in the country’s capital.
The government is planning to expand the program to allow more federal employees to become part of the FGEHA list in the near future.
For more information, visit Graana.com, Pakistan’s first online real estate market.