Turkey is one of the most well-known destinations in the world because of its extensive history, vibrant culture, and stunning architecture. Pakistan and Turkey have always enjoyed cordial relations, which is substantiated by the fact that a vast number of Pakistani students have been moving there for educational purposes in recent years.
Many of them are generally unsure where to begin when applying for scholarships. For instance, what qualifications are required to obtain a scholarship? What does the application process entail? These are some of the frequently asked questions by students.
If you are looking for Turkey scholarships for Pakistan, but don’t know where to start, Graana.com has compiled information on the top scholarships below.
Why Study in Turkey?
There are hundreds of Turkish universities that offer multiple scholarships to Pakistani students, which enable them to gain a valuable educational experience while discovering a new place and its culture.
The fully-funded scholarships include incentives like housing, living expenses and medical costs, apart from tuition.
What Is the Türkiye Bursları Scholarship?
A government-funded scholarship program called Türkiye Bursları (YTB) was initiated in 2012 and is managed by the Turkish President’s Office for Expatriate Turks and Allied Communities. The program has been a big success since it began, and it accepts students from all over the world.
This Turkey scholarship for Pakistan offers multiple processes for learning and training in the Turkish language to assist Pakistani scholars, researchers and officials.
The Türkiye Bursları Scholarship is a program that provides financial assistance to Pakistani students and guarantees placement at the university they have applied for. This feature makes it different from other scholarships available worldwide.
According to the foreign news platform Anadolu Agency, YTB head Abdullah Ellen announced that the organisation had received a record-breaking 145,700 applications from 167 countries so far in 2019.
In order to design educational programs that are in line with global learning standards, for both full-term and short-term courses, Türkiye Bursları aims to advance international ties.
What Does the Türkiye Bursları Scholarship Cover?
For Pakistani students who are applying for the Türkiye Bursları scholarship in a full-time program, short-term program or Turkish language course and cultural program, the scholarship covers the following:
Two plane tickets are included in the Türkiye Bursları scholarship: one for the student to go to Turkey, and one for departure after they have graduated. If a student has bought his or her own ticket, they are given money instead.
The scholarship includes free accommodation, without charging any additional costs. However, students who don’t want to avail of this option can also choose to live somewhere else at their own cost.
The scholarship also includes health insurance; the students’ medical expenses are covered by the country’s national health insurance program. Thus, if a student becomes ill, all related costs will be paid for.
The Türkiye Bursları scholarship waives off all tuition fees.
Benefits for Undergraduate Students
The following benefits you will get under the Türkiye Bursları scholarship:
- University and hostel placement
- Monthly stipend amounting to 800 TL per month
- Full tuition fee coverage
- Return flight ticket for every Pakistani scholarship holder
- Health insurance
- One-year free Turkish language course for Pakistani students
Benefits for Graduate Students
If you are applying for the postgraduate program on the Türkiye Bursları scholarship, you will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend for Master’s scholarship holders: 1,100 TL per month
- Monthly stipend for PhD scholarship holders: 1,600 TL per month
- Tuition fee coverage
- Return flight ticket for every Pakistani scholarship holder
- Health insurance 6. Free accommodation
Eligibility Criteria of Türkiye Bursları Scholarship
Mentioned below are the Türkiye Bursları scholarship’s eligibility criteria for Pakistani students:
- Must be a citizen of Pakistan
- CNIC/B-Form Copy
- Must be qualified from HEC-recognised institute
- Must have a graduate degree or an equivalent certificate
- Must have Good Physical Condition
- Candidates should not be born before January 1998, if applying for an undergraduate degree
- Candidates should not be born before January 1989, if applying for a Master’s degree
- Candidates should not be born before January 1984, if applying for a PhD degree
- For the research program, the applicant must have been born before 1974
- To apply for an undergraduate degree you need 70% marks
- To apply for master’s and doctoral degrees you need 75% marks
- To apply for medical schools you need 90% marks
- Anyone who has Turkish citizenship or who has already acquired Turkish citizenship cannot apply, as well as those who are already studying in Turkey.
- Selected students must submit their documents upon request
The scholarship program is open to everyone in the world who meet these conditions.
You need to attach the following documents with your final application:
- Valid passport or CNIC
- A recent photograph
- Last academic transcripts and degrees
- Reference letters from the previous academy
- ESL transcript (if required)
- Motivation letter
- IELTS (if needed)
- An abstract/proposal of research paper (for candidates applying for a PhD)
How to Apply for Türkiye Bursları Scholarship
Applicants should be noted that Türkiye Bursları only accepts submissions through its websites. The official site also indicates that they do not have any other portals, thus you must be extremely careful with any scams while applying for these scholarships. Before you assemble your paperwork and begin the process, keep the following things in mind to avoid any kind of mishap.
- Read the directions twice and carefully.
- Don’t forget to double-check the required important documents
- The universities only accept online submitted applications
- The Turkish government doesn’t accept applications delivered by post, courier or hand.
- Applications are free of charge for all international students.
- The scholarship program includes both university placement and sponsorship.
- Don’t upload any extra or unnecessary documents.
- Submit your application before the given deadline.
The candidates will evaluate based on their academic achievements and overall performance, as well as their professional skills and experience. Here are the steps of the evaluation process:
Step 1: Application Revision
All applications are reviewed under the primary assessment area first; if the submitted documents match the selection criteria, candidates are shortlisted for the interview.
Step 2: Interview Call
The second step of the scholarship is calling candidates who have exceptional achievements in their professional and academic careers for interviews. It usually lasts for around 30 minutes, and candidates are often asked about their motivation for applying for this scholarship. Questions asked by the selection committee will relate to the following:
- Introduction of the candidate
- Reviewing credentials
- Academic knowledge, along with a few other general questions
Candidates who receive an interview call need to appear with all their transcripts. Depending on the outcome of the interview, candidates are then nominated and invited to study in Turkey.
Final Stage: Selection
The final stage of the scholarship process is the selection of candidates. Candidates who will successfully clear the interview can proceed with the visa process.
Contact Details For Turkey scholarships for Pakistan
For further queries related to the Türkiye Bursları scholarship, you can contact the management on the following details.
0 850 455 0 982
Oğuzlar Mah. Mevlana Bulvari No: 145 P.K 06520 Balgat, Ankara, Turkey
To Wrap Up
Whether it’s for a postgraduate degree or an undergraduate degree, Turkey is an excellent country to pursue higher education. There are multiple Turkey scholarships for Pakistan. Applying for a Turkish scholarship can be a step towards building a successful future.
If you want to know about top educational institutes or related information, follow the Graana blog.