Islamabad: To facilitate the Islamabad Police, various welfare projects are under consideration. In addition to revamping the operational framework, rigorous planning is under way to kick off welfare measures.
The welfare schemes aim to uplift existing health, accommodation, and working infrastructure systems to improve capital policing and increase their efficiency.
Breakdown of the proposed schemes is as follows:
- Establishment of new police stations
- Devising new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Welfare of the retired policemen
- Construction of a marriage hall
- Improved treatment facilities
- Improved logistic support to the stations
- Provision of more vehicles to stations
- Computers and other electronic accessories
- Recreational facilities
- Conversion of all police stations into model ones
- New police stations to be established at D-12 and I-11 Markaz
- In addition to training and administration blocks, barracks will be constructed in F-7, F-8, G-9 & G-10 sectors.
- 56 quarters to be built for women police in Islamabad