Rana Resort, located at a fair distance from Lahore, is one of the most popular recreational spots among the locals. To escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a more peaceful atmosphere with scenic views, you should consider visiting this resort with your friends or family.
Rana Resort and Luxury Safari is located near Head Balloki. It opened its doors to visitors in 2007, and was established not just to provide entertainment to the residents of neighbouring areas, but also to save endangered wildlife.
This resort features an enclosed rainforest that covers an area of over 300 acres, where animals are free to roam. Most of these species include deer, ostriches and nilgai, among many others.
Graana.com brings you a comprehensive guide to Rana Resort Lahore below, so that you can prepare beforehand and plan a memorable and full-filled vacation.
Overview of Rana Resort Lahore
- For your amusement, several activities have been arranged, including train rides, tonga rides, donkey cart rides, camel cart rides, and bollox cart rides in the rainforest created by Rana Resort.
- There are also different types of swings for children, including merry-go-rounds.
- Two ‘Party Halls’, each of a unique appearance and decor, are also available for booking.
- Rana Resort offers reasonably-priced, high-quality food to its customers; several eateries are located at the resort that serve a variety of cuisines.
- Other activities also include bungee jumping, along with a number of different boating activities, which can be enjoyed when visiting the tropical rainforest.
- If you wish, you can also choose to stay for a night (or more) here. The resort comprises 25 furnished and refined rooms that are available for both personal use and business purposes.
- There are also multiple lawns – covering a total area of about 25 acres – which feature exotic trees and plants, along with huts, pathways and seating areas. Additional facilities can also be provided to host your own BBQ party here.
Location of Rana Resort Lahore
Rana Resort is situated in Nankana Sahib, Punjab, close to the Bhai Pheru – Head Balloki Road. However, despite being located at a distance of 70 kilometres from the main city, it can easily be accessed due to the direct route available.
Due to its lush, green environment and the variety of species found there, it is commonly referred to as “Rana Resort Park” or “Safari Park”.
A visit to the resort is an excellent opportunity for people of all ages to plan a memorable trip, especially since there are multiple entertainment options available. If you are looking for a great place to visit in Lahore, Rana Resort should be on your lsit.
You can find the contact details of Rana Resort below:
- Address: Head Balloki – Nankana, Punjab
- Head Office: 51 Canal Park, Rana Shaukat Mahmood Road, Gulberg II, Lahore
- Contact Number: 03000457683, 03000457684, 03000457685
- Email: [email protected]
Services Provided by Rana Resort
The following is the list of facilities and activities available at Rana Resort.
Every room has been carefully designed to incorporate contemporary elements while also preserving the resort’s rich history. Each executive room features a double bed, an attached bathroom, a LED television, a microwave, and an attached kitchenette. In short, these executive rooms are no less than any other resorts in Lahore.
These provide a perfect backdrop for you to enjoy a relaxing time in a tranquil and secure environment. The resort is also equipped with state-of-the-art security systems for the safety of the guests. You can reserve a room by contacting the resort on the above-mentioned details.
While there is an option of dining at the resort’s restaurant, you are also welcome to host your own barbecue party in any of the extensive lawns.
The staff can supply any necessary ingredients that you need (fish, quails, tender meat, chicken etc.) and provide you with assistance whenever required. You can also cook any fish that you may have caught earlier – the chef can even marinate it for you, according to your preferences.
Restaurants in Lahore are known for their authentic taste and wide selection of dishes, and no doubt, Rana Resort’s restaurant is one of them.
The clear, serene lake is by far the resort’s most attractive feature. If you do not participate in any of the several boating activities that are available here on your trip, you are definitely missing out on an exciting adventure.
For instance, the resort provides you the chance to enjoy both electric boats as well as traditional paddle boats. Getting a pass to take a ride on the lake is also a great way to appreciate the natural beauty of your surroundings.
There are also many entertainment facilities that have especially been arranged for kids. These include a variety of swings and rides like trampolines, dodging cars and dragon ships, among many others.
It is important to note that, since this is a highly popular area, you can expect long queues and lengthy waiting times before you are able to take your turn.
Rana Resort is home to a wide variety of rare and unusual species, many of which are free to roam around in the surrounding jungle. Some of these animals include crocodiles, ostriches, peacocks, and deer.
You can also get a train ticket there, which allows you to take a journey along the jungle and observe the wildlife – thus, providing you with an authentic experience.
Another great aspect of the resort is its vast swimming pools. Guests are required to make reservations beforehand to use one of the pools for a specific time slot. The admission fee amounts to approximately Rs. 4,000-5,000 for a time period equaling three hours.
In addition, the swimming pools are well-maintained and cleaned on a regular basis, adhering to the highest standards of hygiene, to provide a quality experience to the visitors.
Visiting the Rana Luxury Resort and Safari Park is a great option for a getaway and to unwind with your loved ones, as it is a breath-taking location and provides a more unique, rustic experience as compared to most other resorts. A bonus is the travelling route – you can take in the scenic views of Lahore (especially the vibrant and colourful Old City) on your way to Rana Resort.
For information on more tourist spots in Pakistan, visit the Graana Blog.