Chevening Scholarships is a prestigious and highly sought-after opportunity for individuals from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom. These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and are awarded to individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and a strong commitment to their home country.
In this blog, we will explore everything you need to know about Chevening Scholarships, including the application process, eligibility criteria, and the benefits of being a Chevening Scholar.
Additionally, we will also discuss why Pakistani students should consider applying for this scholarship. In this blog, Graana.com has come up with a complete guide on how to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria
- Should be a citizen of a country eligible for the Chevening scholarship
- Have completed at least two years of work experience
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Apply to three eligible UK universities
- Return to your home country for at least two years after your scholarship ends.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the country or territory you are applying from, so be sure to check the specific requirements for your country or territory on the Chevening website.
These criteria are designed to ensure that the scholarship is awarded to the most talented and deserving individuals who have the potential to make a positive impact in their home countries.
Application Process of Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening application process consists of several steps, including:
- Completing the online application form
- Submitting your online application, including your personal statement, reference letters, and academic transcripts
- Being shortlisted for an interview
- Attending an interview, either in person or via video conference
- Being notified about the outcome of your application.
It is important to note that the application deadline for Chevening Scholarships varies depending on the country or territory you are applying from, so be sure to check the specific deadline for your country or territory on the Chevening website.
The application process is quite competitive, and it is essential to ensure that all the required documents are submitted on time and meet the required standards.
Benefits of the Chevening Scholarship
Being a Chevening Scholar comes with many benefits, including:
- Full tuition fees
- A monthly living allowance
- An economy class airfare to and from the UK
- Additional grants and allowances for research, study materials, and professional development opportunities
- Access to a wide network of alumni and professionals through the Chevening Alumni Network
- Opportunities to attend networking events, conferences, and other events in the UK and internationally.
- In addition to these financial benefits, Chevening Scholars also have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, make connections, and gain a unique perspective on global issues through their studies and experiences in the UK. These benefits can be life-changing and can help individuals to achieve their goals and make a positive impact in their home countries.
Field And Level Of Study Offered By Chevening Scholarship Program
Through Chevening Scholarship Scheme, students from target countries with great leadership qualities and exceptional academic record apply for post-graduate degrees and short-term courses at UK’s universities. The courses should be selected by following the below-mentioned criterion:
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
- Full-time postgraduate Study Programme of Any Study Field
- Study Courses Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught Programme (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Selected Programme Must Lead to a Postgraduate Degree Qualification
- Study Programme Based in the UK
Courses Should not be:
- A distance learning course
- Part-time study program
- Less than 9 and more than 12 month duration
- PhD or DPhil study courses are not permitted
- Taught with more than one month of study outside the UK
Students can apply for three masters programmes at one time but the selected study programmes should have similarity of design and curriculum. The application for three study programmes can be submitted at one institution or at three different institutions.
Number of Scholarships
There is a specific number of scholarships awarded through the Chevening scheme to students from target countries. For Pakistani students, twenty or more Chevening scholarships are awarded every year.
Host Institute and Country of Scholarship
There are 49 of UK’s universities which are host institutions of the Chevening scholarship scheme. Some of these universities include:
- Bangor University
- Birkbeck, University Of London
- Bournemouth University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
You can get the complete list of hosting institutions of the Chevening scholarship here.
160 countries are participants of the Chevening scholarship, including Pakistan.
Chevening Scholarship Application Instruction
In the application for the Chevening Scholarship, the candidates will be asked questions related to the eligibility criteria for the scholarship. In this pre-screen stage, make sure to fill all the parts and answer correctly; any wrong answer will result in you failing at the pre-screen stage of application.
The application form of the Chevening Scholarship has sections for personal details, work experience, UK University, and declaration. In personal details. you will be asked about your nationality. The work experience section will define your work years in the form of hours. For example, two years work experience will be written as 2,800 hours.
In the UK University section, you will enter the details of your applied courses. In the declaration section, you will be required to answer a number of statements correctly; if you answer them incorrectly, you will be deemed as ineligible. If you do not meet the word count limit for the Chevening Scholarship application, the application reviewer will deem your application ineligible.
You must not copy any content from online sources for your application, as Chevening Scholarship applications are subject to plagiarism checks using software. If any plagiarism is detected, your application will be immediately rejected.
You can use quotations by giving credit to the writer, similar to any academic essay. Your application must only be filled in the English language. If you use any other language, the application will be rejected.
Why Should Pakistani Students Apply for Chevening Scholarships?
Pakistan is one of the top countries for Chevening Scholarships in terms of eligibility, with a large number of talented individuals applying for the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom each year. There are several reasons why Pakistani students should consider applying for a Chevening Scholarship, including:
Access to World-Class Education
The United Kingdom is home to some of the world’s top universities, offering a wide range of academic programs in a variety of fields. Chevening Scholars have the opportunity to study at one of these prestigious institutions and gain world-class education.
Chevening Scholars have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge, and experience through their studies and interactions with fellow scholars, academics, and professionals in the UK. Opening up doors to new career opportunities and being highly beneficial in the long run, these experiences can help.
Living and studying in the UK provides a chance to immerse oneself in a new culture, learn about different customs, and make connections with people from around the world. This can be a valuable experience that can benefit individuals in both their personal and professional lives.
Opportunities to Make a Difference
The Chevening program expects Chevening Scholars to use the skills, knowledge, and networks they have gained during their studies to make a positive impact in their home countries and to return there. This can be through work, volunteering, or setting up their own projects.
Being a part of the Chevening network opens up opportunities to connect with a wide range of individuals and organisations. These connections can be useful for professional development and can also help open doors to new opportunities.
Overall, Chevening Scholarships are an excellent opportunity for Pakistani students to gain world-class education and valuable skills, and make connections that can benefit them in their personal and professional lives.
With the UK and Pakistan bearing historic ties, Chevening scholarships can be a perfect platform for Pakistani students to foster a stronger relationship between the two countries. Being a one-of-a-kind opportunity, Pakistani students should not miss out on the chance to apply for this revered scholarship.http://graana,com
This was all about Chevening scholarships. For more relevant information like Turkey scholarships for Pakistan, visit Graana.com.