We live in a very fast-paced and uncertain world. It is highly competitive and requires us to be on our toes at all times. To be secure and successful in today’s world, secondary citizenship is always a good idea. Many countries offer citizenship by best investment to people across the globe.
List of Countries Offering Citizenship by Investment
In this blog, we bring you a list of countries that offer citizenship by investment. To know more about the various options, keep on reading!
The first country on our list is Portugal. In 2012, the country introduced its golden visa program which is considered to be one of the most famous residency programs in Europe. The primary term of this program is that the person has been non-resident in European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland.
To qualify for the investment one has to fill the following requirements:
- a minimum investment of €500,000 in any type of property located anywhere within Portugal.
- A minimum investment of €350,000 in a property at least 30 years old, provided that it will be rehabilitated, (€280,000 if the location is a low-density population area)
- Capital transfer of €1,000,000 to Portugal
- Creation of a minimum of 10 full-time jobs in a registered Portuguese company
- A minimum investment of €350,000 in a qualifying Portuguese venture capital fund.
- An investment of €350,000 to scientific or technological research within Portugal.
- A minimum donation of €250,000 to national heritage, arts, or culture.
- The process is very clear and straightforward.
- The person gets the right to live and work.
- You can travel for free in the Schengen Area.
- This is an easy path for people who are looking for European citizenship.
- The program also offers family reunification that allows family members to be a part of the program.
- The program requires a short stay (seven days per year)
- Portugal is an affordable country and you won’t have to worry about excess expenses.
- Time required for the visa: it usually takes six months.
Spain introduced its golden visa program in 2013. Spain is a country that requires no formal introduction. With its rich culture, yummy cuisine, multiple business avenues, and good lifestyle, Spain is perfect for people who are looking for citizenship by investment in Pakistan. People who are non-residents of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland can apply for citizenship.
The qualifying investments are:
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in Spanish real estate.
- Capital transfer of €1,000,000 in Spain.
- A minimum investment of €1,000,000 in any Spanish business.
- €2,000,000 investment in Spanish government bonds.
With Spanish citizenship, you will get the following benefits:
- You can travel for free in the Schengen Area.
- The person will get the right to live, work and study in Spain.
- Family inclusion is also covered in this program.
- There is no stay requirement.
- Time required for the visa: it usually takes 2 months.
The next country on our list is Greece. It is a beautiful country known for its rich culture and historical monuments. The country launched its golden visa program in July 2013. The program offers a five-year residency visa through investment in Greece.
To apply for the program, the person has to be a non-European Union (EU) citizen, above the age of 18 with a clean criminal record.
To apply for the program you need to have a minimum investment of €250,000 in Greek real estate.
- The process of the visa is very easy and fast.
- You can travel visa-free within all Schengen Area countries
- You will get the right to live in Greece and get access to the public health and education system.
- The investment requirement is very low.
- Family inclusion is also covered in the program.
- No minimum stay requirement
According to this program, a five-year residency is given to the people. After 5 years, you can renew your citizenship by proving that the property investment is sustained.
The time required for the visa is around two to three months.
Cyprus is another great option for investors who are looking for international avenues to invest their hard-earned cash. A Cyprus visa is also considered to be one of the wicked ways to get European citizenship.
To get the citizenship of Cyprus, the person has €2.15 million to invest in real estate in Cyprus. EU citizenship is granted to the people 6 months after application.
With the Cyprus visa, you will be able to work, and study. Travel and live anywhere in the European Union. Also, the holder of the visa can get visa-free access to countries like Germany, France, and the UK.
Interestingly, the investment amount can be decreased to €500,000 after the person spends three years in Cyprus.
Malta is an archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast. It is a beautiful tourist country known for its beaches, natural beauty, and historical sites.
The country offers citizenship by investment to people who have a high net worth. The program is also known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP). According to this program, the investor has to give €750,000 to the national development fund.
Also, the person has to invest €150,000 in government-approved financial instruments. For instance, the person has to buy or rent a property in the country for at least 5 years. The property should have a price tag of around €350,000.
One year after the investment, the person may apply for Maltese citizenship and obtain a European passport. A Maltese citizen can live, study, and work anywhere in the EU.
The country also offers another residency by investment program. This program is much more affordable and the downside is that it does not result in Maltese citizenship.
Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda also offers economic passports to people who are interested in investing in the country. To get the visa in the country, the person can do any of the following:
- Contribute $100,000 to the Antigua National Development Fund.
- Invest $1,500,000 in a business.
- A person can also invest $400,000 in a government-approved real estate project. With a country visa, one can visit more than 150 countries, including the Schengen area.
To get a visa, one only needs to stay in the country for five days per year. The time required for the passport is four to six months.
Dominica is a beautiful country known for its beaches, resorts, and golf. Its terrain includes rainforest, savannah and highlands, and Pico Duarte, the Caribbean’s tallest mountain.
Dominica offers citizenship through two programs. The first program highlights the importance of making economic contributions (donation) to the country under the government investor visa program. whereas the second program highlights the importance of real estate as an investment opportunity.
According to the later program, with a minimum investment threshold of $100.000, the person may get a Dominica visa. It takes around three months after the application to get the passport.
So, these are some of the countries that offer citizenship by investment. If you are someone who is looking for secondary citizenship or if you are someone who is looking for international avenues for investment and business, you should consider these countries.
If you have any queries or questions, let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.