With the advancements in science and technology, the mode of communication and lifestyle is changing by leaps and bounds. In the past decades, checking your NADRA CNIC record online was impossible. One had to go to their respective centres and spend endless hours checking their NADRA CNIC record.
However, the good news is that now you can check all your NADRA records online. Moreover, you can also get your NADRA Smart Card very quickly.
Launch of Digital Pakistan Campaign
The launch of a country-wide campaign called Digital Pakistan, and the digitisation of the National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA) are strong indicators that the authorities are now more focused on introducing tech-driven solutions to facilitate the general public.
This shift in emphasis comes when the authorities attempt to better serve the general population. NADRA’s records may be digitally tracked and located with ease thanks to the organisation’s newly implemented digitised system.
In light of this, if you wish to digitally trace or check the record associated with your NADRA CNIC, we’ve got you covered, as Graana.com has compiled a comprehensive guide to check your NADRA CNIC record.
Tracking Your NADRA CNIC Record Digitally
There are two methods to track your CNIC record digitally.
- Through SMS services.
- Through e-portal.
Method 1: How to Track Your NADRA CNIC Record in The Database With Your Phone
SMS services can be used with the NADRA CNIC tracking system. It works with all mobile networks that are available in Pakistan.
Here is how to trace your CNIC via short message service (SMS).
- First, open the window for your text messages.
- Write your preferred CNIC number, which will be a unique number consisting of 13 digits, and send it to the number ‘8300’.
- After successfully sending the message, you should see an immediate response on your screen. The procedure of searching NADRA records with a CNIC number will just take a few seconds to complete.
- The information you get will include the address of the CNIC’s owner and their registered CNIC’s zone information.
This is how you may check the status of your CNIC via SMS. It is a straightforward process and will take less than 2 minutes.
Note that utilising this method might not allow you to obtain a name or any other information from the NADRA CNIC databases in Pakistan. You might be required to use the NADRA SMS verification system rather than the NADRA CNIC tracking system to get information of this nature.
How to Verify CNIC Details by SMS
The NADRA CNIC Verification System also uses SMS to communicate with users, just like the identity tracking system we discussed before.
This method may be carried out without any difficulty in Pakistan, and it does not matter whose mobile phone number you use. So, to validate your CNIC by SMS, these are the steps that you need to take.
- The first thing you need to do is open the window for your text messages.
- Next, you will need to fill in the CNIC number that has to be verified.
- Your message will be sent to ‘7000’.
- You may be charged Rs. 10 in addition to tax for checking your NADRA CNIC record by SMS.
- You will receive the name of the CNIC’s owner in response to your mail and the name of the CNIC owner’s father.
This SMS tracking system helps many individuals in Pakistan save time and effort since they no longer have to go to the NADRA centres every time they need to monitor or verify a CNIC.
Method 2: How To Verify CNIC Using NADRA CNIC Verification Portal
In this respect, the very first thing that you need to do is join the NADRA e-portal. You can get more information about it here.
If you are unfamiliar with the process of registering for the NADRA online portal, then the following instructions will walk you through it step by step:
- Launch your web browser and enter the following address: https://id.nadra.gov.pk/e-id/authenticate.
- Now, select the option that says “Create a New Account.” A page will open for you to fill out.
- Now, complete the remaining essential fields with the appropriate information. This process must be followed to validate NADRA CNIC Records in Pakistan and register for the NADRA online portal.
- After you have saved all the information, you will receive a text message containing a verification number, which you will need to enter into the system later. This is to verify your account on the NADRA e-portal.
- After you have completed the steps necessary to verify your account, you may quickly use NADRA’s online services by logging into your account.
- After successfully logging in, these menu items will appear on your screen.
- Select the “Verify Services” option from the drop-down menu to proceed with the CNIC verification procedure.
- You might be required to utilise one of the online payment options to validate your CNIC. A charge of Rs. 300 is required to verify your CNIC online.
- It’s possible that to finish the online verification procedure for your CNIC, you’ll need to click on a checkbox next to a statement.
- You will be provided with the information necessary to verify that you are your choice’s owner of the CNIC.
Please take note that this is the procedure to follow to validate a CNIC utilising the NADRA CNIC Verification site. On the other hand, the procedure might end up costing you far more than the NADRA SMS verification method does.
If the record does not exist, you will be required to update the fingerprint record associated with your name at the NADRA office in your area.
This brings us to the conclusion of our step-by-step explanation of how to monitor your NADRA CNIC data online. Similarly, you can also learn to get your NADRA Vaccination Certificate digitally.
For more informational content, visit the Graana blog.