Are you planning an international trip? If yes, then you need a valid passport to apply for visas. In this blog, Graana.com brings you all about passport offices in Karachi.
Policy for obtaining a Passport in Pakistan
Every citizen of Pakistan is entitled to a machine-readable passport for travelling abroad. All you have to do is to visit the nearest passport office and you will get the passport in a very short duration of time.
How will you get your Passport?
There is a standard procedure that you must follow to get the passport. The procedure is spread across certain steps that you need to follow.
These steps are:
- The arrival of the Applicant at the Customer Service Counter.
- Token Counter + Photograph Capturing.
- Biometric Data Capturing. i.e.(Finger Print)
- Data Entry.
- Verification as per Office Record.
- Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
- Passport Delivery Counter.
- First of all, the applicant will go to the customer service counter at the Regional Passport Office. In the office, the applicant will be guided about the process flow of the system for applying for the passport. If the applicant has all the requisite documents he/she will be guided to the token counter.
- After that, the applicant will give the original CNIC/ Children Registration Certificate (CRC), in case of those below 18 years of age, along with its copies and bank challan form. After that, the cameraman will capture photographs of the applicant.
- Afterwards, the applicant with his or her token will approach the biometric counter as soon as his token appears at the Biometric Capturing Counter. Data Entry Operator (DEO) at the counter takes the impression of the right thumb, right index finger, left thumb, and left index finger impressions.
- Then, the applicant will move to the data entry counters as soon as his token number appears on the counter. The data entry operator will enter all the required data of the applicant while the data entry screen will also be visible to the Applicant. After the data entry is completed data entry form will be printed by the operator and will be presented to the Applicant for verification.
- Then, the verification against office records will be carried out. In case of the slightest doubt about the National Status of the applicant, the case may be referred to the Special Branch/IB for confirmation of his National Status as a citizen of Pakistan or otherwise.
- Lastly, the applicant will appear before the assistant director when his token appears on the AD counter along with all the original documents. The Assistant Director will interview the Applicant and declare his verdict to the applicant whether his case is to be allowed go-ahead or overruled.
Types of Passport
In Pakistan, citizens are issued three different types of passports, depending upon their employment status.
1. Ordinary Passport
The first passport category is the “ordinary passport”. Ordinary Machine Readable Passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan. Most Pakistani citizens possess this passport.
2. Diplomatic Passport
Diplomats are government officials who represent the country abroad. Diplomatic passports are issued to Diplomats and other entitled categories so that they can travel out for official duties.
3. Official Passport
Official passports are issued to Pakistani Nationals who are Senators, MNAs, Provincial Ministers, Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan/High Courts, Officers serving with the Government, and proceeding abroad on official assignments, etc.
Passport offices in Karachi
If you are a resident of Karachi, here’s what you need to know about passport office locations in Karachi.
|Karachi – I (West/Malir)||Shahrah-e-Iraq, Near Mosque, Saddar.||021-9203092-3|
|Karachi – II (East)||1st Floor, EOBI Ex (Awami Markaz), Sharah-e-Faisal, Karachi||021-9203091|
|Karachi – III (Central)||Shahrah-e-Iraq, near Mosque, Saddar.||021-9203092-3|
|Karachi – IV (South)||Shahrah-e-Iraq, near Mosque, Saddar.||021-9203092-3|
Passport Delivery Time
Usually, it takes 10 working days to collect his/her passport; in the case of a normal passport. Whereas, if you want an urgent passport, it will take 04 working days’ time to collect his/her passport.
Tracking of Passport
Passports dispatched from the Headquarters for delivery to the applicants within the prescribed processing period can be tracked through the SMS & Online Passport Tracking System, but to reach their destination i.e. respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Foreign Mission (FM) they may take some shipment time.
Things Required for the Passport
To get a passport, you need the following things at hand:
- Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC)/NICOP/Smart-Card or Children Registration Certificate (Form”B”).
- Original bank challan of Rs.3000/- for Normal & Rs.5000/- for urgent processing for 5 years validity passport & Rs.5400/- for Normal & Rs.9000/- for urgent processing of 10 years validity passport
- Children under 15 years of age will be issued 05 years validity Passport
- Old Passport, if you want to renew your passport.
Validity of the Passport
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports will issue the Machine Readable Passport (MRP) valid for five years & Ten years subject to a fee deposit.
A passport having a validity of 05 years cannot be converted into validity for 10 years.
Children under 15 years of age will be issued a Passport having 05 years’ validity.
|Normal/Urgent||18 & Above||
On the basis of urgency, the passport can be divided into two major categories.
Fee Structure for Getting a Passport
Fee for 05 Years Validity
Fee for 10 Years Validity
In case you lose your passport, go through the following steps to get a new passport. What if you lose your passport?
- Firstly, lodge a complaint at the concerned police station.
- A requisite fee as per nature of loss i.e. 1st loss, 2nd loss, 3rd losses should be deposited in the Bank.
|No. of Times Lost||Fee|
|First Time Lost||Rs.6,000/-||Rs.10,000/-|
|Second Time Lost||Rs.12,000/-||Rs.20,000/-|
|Third Time Lost||Rs.24,000/-||Rs.40,000/-|
|(i)||Pakistan’s Mission Abroad will issue an emergency passport for return to Pakistan with an intimation to Dte. Gen. I&P.|
|(ii)||In Pakistan, the case will be referred to Dte. Gen. I&P for further action.|
If you have any questions or confusion about passport offices in Karachi, send us a message in the comment section below and we will be happy to help you out.