Easypaisa is one of the first online banking service providers in Pakistan, through which you can transfer money, pay bills, and perform various other tasks using your mobile phone. The features offered by this service provider have made handling finances much more convenient for the majority of Pakistanis.
Through Easypaisa’s services, you may simply pay your electricity bills and transfer money using your cell phones, all without leaving the premises of your home.
In partnership with Tameer Bank, which later changed its name to Telenor Microfinance Bank, Telenor Pakistan developed Easypaisa. When the service first began to operate in 2009, it was only used to offer money transfer services. However, as technology advanced in Pakistan, it developed into one of the country’s first major online banks.
To guide you through the process of opening an Easypaisa account, Graana.com features a step-by-step guide to creating an Easypaisa account.
How to Open an Easypaisa Bank Account?
Follow the guidelines given below to open an easy paisa bank account.
- Get the Easypaisa mobile application.
- Launch the app after it has been installed successfully.
- Enter your cellphone number.
- Enter your CNIC number and the date it was issued. Your CNIC card can also be scanned.
- For account creation, create a pin code consisting of five digits.
- By texting their mobile number to 0345-1113737, non-Telenor subscribers can also register for an Easypaisa account. The message should be sent to 0345-1113737 using the EP<space>CNIC number as the recipient.
Steps to Open An Easypaisa Account?
Following is a step-by-step guide to opening an Easypaisa account for both Telenor and Non-Telenor users.
If you are already a Telenor user, follow these steps.
- First, dial *786# from your phone, this will open your account.
- Now make a pin code for this account with five digits.
- Re-enter the generated pin code.
- There you go, your Easypaisa account has been created.
- To take advantage of all of Easypaisa’s services, dial *786#.
Other than that, Telenor users can open an Easypaisa account by simply going to any local Telenor franchise or Easypaisa outlet.
- Send “EP <space> CNIC number” to 0345-111-3737.
- A representative from Easypaisa will call and request verification.
- You will be required to create a 5-digit pin code after verification.
- Enter the 5-digit PIN code once prompted.
- Send the verified 5-digit pin code to 0345-1113737.
Keep in mind that you must enter the pin code you created in the previously mentioned message.
You will receive a confirmation SMS from the number 3737 after sending the message. The message will confirm that their Easypaisa account has been successfully activated.
You must go to an EasyPaisa shop to finish the verification process in order to fully authenticate your account, which will be carried out via biometrics. You will then be able to utilise Easypaisa’s services.
Process of Adding Money to Your Easypaisa Account
Now that the account has been generated, you can now add money to your Easypaisa account. The money can be deposited using:
- Bank transfer from any bank account to any of the 75,000 Easypaisa locations nationwide.
- Transfer the amount from another Easypaisa account.
Anyone with a local or international Visa/MasterCard Credit or Debit Card can top up their account using any Visa/MasterCard.
Advantages of Using an Easypaisa Account
As we just indicated, Easypaisa has transformed people’s lives through the profuse services that they offer. Moreover, it has revamped digital banking in Pakistan as well.
Here is a list of the advantages of using this online banking application.
- You may quickly pay all your utility bills using your smartphone and Easypaisa. Simply launch the Easypaisa app to pay bills.
- You can control every aspect of your financial transactions with a smartphone.
- In comparison to other online money transfer providers, the service charges are relatively lower.
- Using the Easypaisa account, you may also transfer money to other banks.
- You can also avail of insurance offers from the Easypaisa app.
- Additionally, you can add money to any network’s prepaid balance. Easypaisa also offers postpaid users to pay their bills as well.
- Along with bills and utilities, Easypaisa allows users to pay for recreational activities as well, such as purchasing movie tickets.
- Easypaisa now offers the service of ATM cards that can be used nationwide.
This was all about opening an Easypaisa account. For more information, visit Graana blog.