We all dread endless queues and long waiting hours at the government offices. But, today, all thanks to science and technology, people can verify and register their vehicles from the comfort of their homes.
With the online vehicle verification system, things have gotten smoother, easier, and less time-consuming.
In this article, we will guide you through online vehicle verification in major cities of Pakistan including Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.
Step by Step Guide for Online Vehicle Registration
- For the registration of your vehicle, you need to log in to the website of the Excise & Taxation Department of your specific city.
For Islamabad Capital Territory login to Excise & Taxation Department ICT.
For Karachi, login to Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department Sindh.
For Lahore, login to Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department Punjab.
- After logging in you will see the option of “New vehicle registration”. Click on the link and you will be directed to an online registration form.
- You need the following pieces of information for the registration form:
- Owner’s information including his name, address, contact information, and NTN.
- Transfer details including purchaser information and person or company’s name under whose name the vehicle invoice was issued.
- Hire purchase information including the bank details.
- Taxpayer information
- Vehicle information including the vehicle name, manufacturer’s details, model, vehicle value, etc.
- The owner’s representative is the person who will appear at the ETD office on behalf of the vehicle’s owner.
Get to know business opportunities in Pakistan with low investment. Moreover, you can visit graana blog for complete guide on vehicle registration in Pakistan.
Other Online Services
Some of the other important online services offered by the excise and taxation department include:
- Checking of vehicle detail.
- Vehicle registration.
- Vehicle ownership transfer.
- Check the vehicle smart card.
- Motor vehicle tax.
Vehicle Registration at Your Doorstep
Islamabad administration also introduced doorstep services with the collaboration of NADRA. With this facility, you can register your unregistered or new vehicles at your doorstep within the area limitation of Islamabad.
For further details you may contact on the following numbers:
Vehicle Verification Facilities
Apart from the registration of vehicles, the excise and taxation department also offers verification services.
Some of the facilities offered online includes:
- Check your vehicle’s smart card status
- Applicants can online check her vehicle smart card availability status.
- Check the filer status from FBR.
- Download & check the ATL (Income Tax) List (MS Excel file) from the FBR website.
- Verify biometric verification receipt.
- Applicants can verify basic verification of the NADRA issued biometric receipt through Nadra Database.
Online Vehicle Verification – Islamabad
|Address||HEC building, Service Road East, Near H 9/4, Islamabad|
|Website||Excise & Taxation Department ICT|
Online Vehicle Verification – Punjab
Like the capital territory of Pakistan, Lahore, the capital of Punjab also has an office that is serving the people who want to register and verify their vehicles. For online vehicle verification in Lahore, take a look at this information.
|Address||2nd Floor, Transport House11-Egerton Road, Lahore|
|Phone number||0800-08786 (TOLL-FREE)|
|Website||Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department Punjab|
Read the whole process of getting a passport in Lahore. In this never-sleeping city Lahore, there are so many things you can do. You should visit Lahori restaurants once in your life.
Online Vehicle Verification – Sindh
Similarly, Karachi, the capital of Sindh and the biggest metropolitan city of Pakistan is known for its diverse culture, rich cuisine, historical sites, and of course, the beautiful deep blue sea. No doubt, the city is full of places to visit, delicious delicacies to eat, and a variety of shopping centers, to shop from, amazing gyms to stay in shape. Also has an excise and taxation department. The details of the office are as follows:
|Address||Tughlaq House Sindh Secretariat Karachi Pakistan.|
|Website||Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department Sindh|
Mobile Application for Online Verification of Vehicles
If you do not have a laptop or computer with you and still want to complete the online verification of your vehicle, you may download this application: Online Vehicle Verification App
The app has the following sections which will help you register your vehicle according to your province.
- Islamabad Vehicle Registration Verification – In this section of the app, you can find registration details of vehicles registered in Islamabad. All you have to do is to enter the vehicle registration number and you will get the details of the vehicle.
- Punjab Vehicle Registration Verification – People who have their vehicles registered in the province of Punjab can now easily find out the registration details of their vehicle by using this section of the app. Punjab vehicle registration check online is very easy and convenient indeed.
- Sindh Vehicle Registration Verification – The Sindh province users can find out the registration details of a particular vehicle in this section of the app. Enter the registration number and you will get details of the vehicle.
- KPK Vehicle Registration Verification – KPK users can verify vehicle registration using this section of the app. All you have to do is to give the vehicle registration number and the verification details will be available to you.
This was all the information you need to know about the registration and verification in major cities of Pakistan. We also suggest you do all the practical measures needed to secure your vehicle by using Vinpit.
If you still have any questions or ambiguity regarding the verification system, drop down a question below. We will be more than glad to help you out. For instance, if you want to verify your driving license by sitting at home, read process of getting a license.
If you want to unwind and relax with your friends and family, we suggest you visit water parks in Karachi.
Graana.com cannot warranty the expressions and suggestions of the contents, as well as its accuracy. The information is taken from official government websites.
In addition, to the extent permitted by the law, the company’s name shall not be responsible for any losses and/or damages due to the usage of the information on our website or blog.
The links contained on our website may lead to external sites, which are provided for convenience only. Any information or statements that appeared in these sites are not sponsored, endorsed, or otherwise approved by Graana.com.
- Investing in Real Estate vs Mutual Funds – Which one is a better option?
- Insurance Companies in Pakistan
- Cost of Building a Swimming Pool in Pakistan